Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:41 PM
To: k...@ka9q.net ; amsat-bb@amsat.org ; bruni...@usna.edu
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ANS-199 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin - AMSAT Fox-1C Launch Opportunity Announced

I must quickly point out some real data:

www.warehouse.funcube.org.uk

Which shows an equilibrium of around +20 degrees after 64 minutes of sunlight. Black solar cells on a black surface but some polished Aluminium in the structure.

During eclipse, The Earth facing side begins to increase in temperature at around -16 degrees, but then cools down rapidly as the cube rotates. The temperature is still heading down rapidly as it exits eclipse after 34 minutes and at around -24C on the outside surfaces.

Thanks

David