Actually, using simple pass-times, it is possible to predict with a simple
pencil, all future pass times for several weeks.

Every satelite REPEATs their daily ground track every few days or so.
AO51 repeated every 5 days, and GO32 every 9.  These were sun synchronous
and so not only the ground track repeated but the time of the passes
repeated as well.

See the examples on:  http://aprs.org/MobileLEOtracking.html

The ISS is not sun synchronous, but these three rules will predict future
ISS passes without any stinkin-confusor:
1) If you hear one  pass, 5 out of 7 times, the next one is about 90
minutes later.
2) The ISS REPEATS the same ground track every other day but 51 minutes
earlier.
3) For a given day, the same pass the next day is 23 minutes later.

This makes portable APRS operations in the wilderness easy.  All you need
is ONE PASS time, and you can infer all the others for weeks using the
simple rules, and just keepin notes on pass TIMES when heard.

You don't need no-stinkin-computer.  Satellites are in "orbit" and
completely predictable.

Just take your favorite satellite, print out a week of passes, and then
look for the "RULE" that will predict future passes.  Then all you need to
remember, is the RULE.

Bob, WB4aPR