Non-Newtonian reactionless drives have been a staple in science fiction, and
the goal to make space
travel truly practical.  Probably the most famous was the "Dean Drive" which
was a purely mechanical
attempt.  The thrust claimed has always turned out to be some quirk, usually
obvious after the fact,
in the measurement process. (Recall that the data showing faster than light
particles at CERN was
traced to a faulty cable connection.)  I have no doubt that will turn out to be
the case here as well.
Some of the science blogs are already working through some of the possibilities.

Of course, I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong.  A constant .05
g acceleration makes
the solar system, in point of time, the size the earth was in the 16th century.
 (If I remember a late
night bull session in graduate school correctly.)

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA