This should go in the forums, not in the mailing list.

On Thu, 04 May 2006 11:49:38 -0400, David Ramsden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I've not had much time to investigate this, as I'm in University doing
work *cough*.

But I tunnel aMSN over SSH (firewall doesn't allow MSN), using dynamic
ports (ssh -D 1080 server.com) and then tell aMSN that it's using a
SOCKS5 proxy on 127.0.0.1:1080.

But the wireless signal where I am is a bit crappy and drops out
sometimes. When this happens, wish8.5 shoots up to 100% CPU and requires
a `killall wish8.5'. aMSN is of course totally unresponsive.

I'm not sure if this is because the SSH tunnel doesn't drop properly or
if it is indeed a bug in aMSN.

If I get time, I'll attempt to investigate this.. but with only 4 weeks
left on my final year project, I may not get a chance.

Thanks!

--
KaKaRoTo