Ok I see...
Please consider what was said in the previous ML thread (I think the
thread was named 'gtk/tk/qt' or something like that, you'll find it in the
archives of the ML.
the 'id' idea thing was already said in the thread, but as 'name', and
yes, not mandatory.. in the thread, there isn't a complete design, but
there a lot of ideas, a lot of discussion on different possibilities and
problems that might happen, as well as possible solutions to them, you'll
also find some xml code as example... it is far from being a design, but
it could be considered a design by some people. at least, it's a good
starting point to help you get all the facts before building the final
design to use...
Good luck!

KKRT

KaKaRoTo