On 6/9/06, GrdScarabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

For some reasons, under Gentoo, the libraries tclstub8.4 and tkstub8.4
are named tclstub8.4g and tkstub8.4g, so the compilation returns an
error during the linking.

To solve the problem :

ln -s /usr/lib/libtclstub8.4g.a /usr/lib/libtclstub8.4.a
ln -s /usr/lib/libtkstub8.4g.a /usr/lib/libtkstub8.4.a

Do you think the problem should be managed in the makefile ... or maybe
just the one who do the ebuild has to take care of it ? An entry in the
FAQ (I should flush my todo list about the FAQ this week end by the way) ?

Just to let you know :)

The error probably lies in your environment, I've access to several Gentoo boxes, and none of has this strange naming.

BR,
 Zsombor