On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 07:40:09PM +0100, NoWhereMan wrote:
> Youness Alaoui wrote:
> > Hi,
> > no need to strip that out of the nickname, as it's url encoded, and
> > no need for the messages sent as it's a
> > utf-8 message which can contain any binary...
>
> well actually that's disallowed by the standard, regardless the encoding;
> btw, I've just tried and it seems like message was delivered (probably
> ms-xml parser is designed to allow these codes and they're prevented in PSM
> to avoid explots. Or... we've just find a security hole)

what I mean is that messages are NOT in xml, there's just plain utf-8 messages,
look at protocol log.. and they
allow ANY binary code to be pastes there (we've been copy/pasting so many
binary msnp2p data without problems
over the SB)

> > about the config being in xml, it's true, but I don't think anything
> > gets saved there that the user enters,
> > apart from the psm and paths and custom states... and yep, custom
> > states would have such bugs...
>
> so, a pair of places where the stripper should go for sure :P

The stripper should go where ? have you no shame? watch your mouth, we have a
young, innocent(lol) girl amongst
the team... :p