If (and it still has to be chosen, I'm not pushing anything (well, not
too hard :p)) the choice would be made for inline ccard in CL, this
has to be done:

* Add an abook var (boolean), not volatile so it 's still there in
another session, like "CcardShown" for every user.  If this is not
volatile, we have an extra feature over WLM, to keep some user's ccard
data allways shown, I would like this.

* In guicontactlist.tcl:
        - in proc drawContact, have a check for this var and if
available, draw the data underneah the contact, according to my mockup
:)
        - in that same proc, rearrange the tags somewhat.  the tag all
things of the contact have should be added to every item of the space,
also the stars (it is this way now), for the dragging procs.; a new
tag should be created and changed in the bindings for clicking on
those items (all nickname items, statusicon, psm items, statusmsg) to
open a chatwindow;
        - have a binding on the star that: *toggles the abook var;
*calls the drawContact proc for that specific contact; *call the
rearrangeList (or what it's named) proc to move everything

It's not too much work in fact thus.  I guess it's less work than
changing the ccard plugin.  An eventual ccard plugin should made
possible to prevent drawContact from drawing the spaces info (a global
::config key "drawSpacesOnCL" maybe) and change the binding of teh
"star" icon.
Anyway, I don't have the time to do this.  In fact I have a very hard
exam of one of my Law courses monday so I shouldn't even be mailing
this but I couldn't resist as I want to lobby for my idea :)

Karel.