On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:37:27PM +0200, Vivia Nikolaidou wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Youness Alaoui wrote:
>
> > the OIM support is divided into two tasks, one is for the GUI, in case
> > something is still missing, like receiving, it seems we get a totally
> > empty (blank) window if the oim is received from someone who is
> > currently offline, this needs to be investigated.
>
> Someone reported another issue: you get the window asking whether you want
> to read your OIMs now, but if you don't click a button within 5 seconds or
> so, amsn freezes ...

yeah that's weird.. but I might know what's causing this, but it's just a
hypothesis.
We probably show the popup window when we receive the notification of the OIMs,
which means when we receive from
the protocol the number of OIMs, this is probably done in the socket readable
event callback. As long as we're
in it, we're waiting for input from the user, so the callback will not be
called until we exit it, so we don't
get the readable event called until we exit the function, so we receive nothing
from the socket...
after a few seconds/minutes, MSN sends a challenge to us (on every protocol)
which is a generated key that we
need to md5/use some funky algorithm and concatenate with our 'product ID'
which allows the server to know if
it's a legitimate MSN client or if it's a clone (because the product id is
supposed to be a secret, but its' not
:p)
if we fail to answer or if we answer with a wrong product id, the server
disconects us.
since I suppose the socket callback is not called, then I guess we never 'read'
the challenge sent by the
server, so we never answer, so the server is closed...
maybe it's a lead, needs to be investigated..

> > The second task is about sending which seems to fail a bit too often.
>
> They say that it gets fixed if you restart aMSN. For me, it gets fixed if
> I remove the space from my nickname. Oh well. Could it be related to
> special characters?

we should definitely check if the nickname encoding has something to do with
this. when it becomes reproducable,
we should change nickname and see if it fixes the problem, then it would mean
the encoding of the nickname is
the cause..
oh damn, I just remembered that the ::base64::encode function adds newlines to
the output, and we need to do a
[string map {"\n" "" } [base64::encode ...]] to have a 'valid' string, mayeb
when the nickanme is too long it
gets split in two lines, which makes the OIM message completely screwed.. no ?
(the nickname is in base64)

> > And finally.. vivia, where are you :@ :p
>
> Excuse me, do I have to commit every day in order for you to not ask where
> I am? I'm just not too active on the ML because so far I didn't find
> anything important to say, and I honestly prefer to commit than to send
> mails (and we seem to be heading to the right direction lately). Oh well,
> you can reduce my salary if you're still not satisfied :p
>
> Viv

yes you do need to commit everyday :p well, you've been slacking off, it's
nothave you used to work.. anyways,
no matter what you say for your defense, the decision is taken, your salary is
being cut in half, which means a
new car for me.. ^o)
:p

KKRT