Now, it's my time.

On 3/12/07, Youness Alaoui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to talk about each one of them one by one.. first :
> - Implement OIM support (task # 133878 and # 135637) (billiob/lephilousophe)
>  (make it work behind proxies)
> So far, the OIM support seems to be COMPLETE, although the use of tclsoap
> makes it very very slow, so I wonder
> if we should replace tclsoap with using the http command directly, because we
> use NOTHING from tclsoap, lol, we
> generate the whole xml ourself, and we parse the whole response ourself, so..
> it's useless apart from adding an
> incredibly huge overhead AND preventing us from adding proxy support..
> so yes, the second point is that even if it's complete, we still don't have
> support for proxies because it seems
> almost impossible to do with tclsoap..
> so the question is :
> 1 - we keep it as is, screw the proxy people, and screw those who think that
> the pc freezing for a few minutes
> is a big deal
> 2 - rewrtie it, replacing 'tclsoap:;create' by 'http::geturl' ?
Yesterday evening, i couldn't send oim to Phil because i got
authentication failed.
I've disconnected and connected again, but it wasn't better. And today
it's working fine.
Still server issues :( but we can't tackle that issue.
About s/tclsoap::create/http::geturl/, i really don't know.

> - Finish the audio/video assitant (task # 124048) (billiob)
> This seems to be finished and working pretty well! congrats on billiob! now
> the thing is that we'll have to
> integrate it with the prefs window, right now, it's in the chat
> window->edit->edit a/v settings, but the old
> webcam wizard is stil lin the prefs->other->configure webcam.
> we couldn't replace it because that configure webcam still ha sinfo about
> whether you're firewalled or not,
> etc.. so we could either  :
> 1 - replace the 'configure webcam' by the a/v settings and leave the firewall
> thing elsewhere
> 3 - leve the 'configure webcam' but change the webcam wizard (through the
> button 'change webcam settings') by
> the assistant
> 2 - add a new step for network capabilities in the assistant and replace the
> whole configure webcam button.
Your list order is weird :D
I've started implementing a "Network step", but i don't know what to put there.
Should we ask there again about lowrescam since it can reduce bandwidth usage ?

--
Boris FAURE (aka billiob)
mail, msn : [EMAIL PROTECTED]