why don't use something like this: http://wiki.tcl.tk/5598
you can mark workarounds directly on code, and use this tool to extract the
information :)

On 5/25/07, Youness Alaoui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do think you're right and that it would be very ueful, unfortunately,
I'm also pretty sure that in the end, we
won't be able to do it. We can't even keep a TODO list in the wiki, so
think about keeping that kindd of thing
documented!
We could try if you're willing to drive this, I wouldn't mind, I just
think you shouldn't have high hopes over
the success of this 'adventure'.

p.s.: DEMANDS_ATTENTION is not only a workaround, but also a feature
enhancement, but it needs to be well tested
otherwise it could be considered a bug. I wanted to talk about it on the
ML but I'm just far too busy lately...
sorry.

KKRT

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 09:39:44AM +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Often when we find a bug in some code we use, we work around it in amsn
> code, or have a local patches copy of the other project. (2 latest
> example are commits 8758 (DEMANDS_ATTENTION) and 8759 (snit <> tcl
> 8.5a6 ). It is absolutely very good that we do this, and we should
> continue doing so. However, these fixes are not necessary (anymore) when
> they are fixed by upstream projects.
>
> So I thought it might be good to have a page in the wiki for all
> workarounds we do, and the corresponding upstream bugreport. This way,
> if by any chance there is a regression because of a workaround, instead
> of working around the workaround we could check the upstream status, and
> if it is fixed there we could revert the workaround (if it would be easy
> for users to update the upstream code), or at least we know a bit what's
> going on. In the longer term this will lead to less workarounds, and
> less bugs in upstream software.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Sander

Bruno Costa