I'll continue now merging where I stopped yesterday. Just had to go to bed
yesterday before falling asleep on my keyboard ;-)
I have one general question: 0.97.1 is a bugfix-release, but should we add
some minor improvements, too? I have found two examples:
r9545,9546: Dynamic frame-rate in the webcam-log-player
r9581: Search in advanced preferences
Of course both are new features but they are really useful and in my opinion
stable that we can add them to 0.97.1 ... what do you think?

To the relative path thing: It is stable, but only with all patches. Those
two alone are unstable. The problem is it makes the profile
backward-incompatible as it is also combined with the general portability of
profiles that renames os-specific keys depending on the os. So it would be
more logical for a user to make this incompatibility between a version jump:
0.97 -> 0.98. On the other hand, when we'll offer 0.98alpha in the next
days/weeks, we get problems if anyone wants to test this version and after
that reverts to 0.97.1 - in that case it would be better to have the patches
also in 0.97.1 to avoid problems with people only *testing* 0.98alpha.
Otherwise they have to backup their profile before testing.

Mirko