Thanks for the reply - sorry for posting twice but I'd had no response and I did post
straight after signing up - things happen.

The script only works if you know the directory in advance. The way mine is set up it
only needs to know the name of the analog script that contains the base path - at the
moment that is the full path plus ex04*.log.

If there were a LOGPATH command I would only need to specify the path in the
Analog script and pass in the ex04whatevers - that is a minimum that would benefit me
and the command line would be generalised and much shorter.

Everything else in my system, including the output directory, is based around the cfg
script name. It makes for a much more generalised script that can be used for a
variety of analyses per site (search terms, referers, full, etc) (and see my other new
posting). Within this, my idea is to let the users decide how many weeks they want to
parse up to a limit dictated by the script engine timeout and the user's patience.

Apart from that your script will return all files in the directory - although it's
reasonable
to reject unwanted filenames since the date is pre-known at least to a major degree if
not entirely. But again see my other posting re command line length.

Accepted there appears to be a workaround, but in practice it's not a good one.
Specifying six months' or a year's worth of logs with a full path for each is messy
and
may exceed the available line length, even if specifying wildcards for each month
within the outer boundaries.

I appreciate that Analog does not make assumptions about logfile names and I'm not
asking it to. The wildcard feature could easily be versatile enough to accommodate
variations. A number could be days or a sequence, with a suitable change of %var - I'd
be happy with that - and the days calculator is, as I read it, already available in
Analog
for other functions.

An alternative would be specifying the number of days, which I'm doing now, but
counting back those days given a switch to specify that the logfiles were dates not
arbitrary numbers. That could be more complex, I think - I haven't thought too much
about that option as the other seems easier.

If LOGPATH were implemented I could live with the limitation of filename
specification.
LOGFILE wildcards would be nice but not essential. Just so long as I don't have to
parse every logfile for the past year just to get the past week - and having the
script
time out in the middle of finding that week.