On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Darrell Burkey wrote:

> This sounds like exactly what I need. Once again I've spent a lot of time with
> the manual and it explains that these commands are for use in the configuration
> file. I don't have access to this since it's not my server so I need to know
> how to set this from the command line.
>
> The manual says any config option can be used on the command line with the +C
> parameter and gives examples. I've tried everything I can think of but can't
> get the syntax correct. Can someone give me some help in how to specify the
> LOGTIMEOFFSET value on the command line?

Probably LOGTIMEOFFSET, though if you're actually running the program on the
remote machine you may need TIMEOFFSET as well/instead.

Something like +C"LOGTIMEOFFSET -300" should work.

However, you don't need access to the system configuration file. You can set
up your own configuration file if you like and include it with the +g
command line option.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England