Thanks for this discussion, it's very helpful.

I'm interested to hear these points of view, because the reason I cut it out
was solely to INCREASE clarity. I found that some people were confused by the
P column, and anyway I didn't see why anyone would want it. I know this is
not a typical group of users, but does anyone share this view?

I was also influenced by the fact that a lot of people were using REQFLOOR 1P
instead of REQINCLUDE pages, which worked but seemed all wrong to me.

How would the following sound:
  * Restore the P column;
  * but not in the default configuration;
  * and continue to disallow REQSORTBY P and REQFLOOR P?

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England