On 2/7/99 5:35 AM Mitch Leung ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>I'm having trouble with Analog 3.1.1 on a WebSTAR web server log
>
>can anyone help me to fix my problem?
>
>everytime I run Analog, it tells me there're many corrupted lines in the log
>and gives empty report.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mitch
>
>P.S. here's the top ten lines of the log
>
>!!WebSTAR      STARTUP 01/19/99:14:26
>!!LOG_FORMAT AGENT BYTES BYTES_SENT C-DNS C-IP CONNECTION_ID CS(COOKIE)
>CS(HOST) CS(REFERER) CS(USER-AGENT) CS-HOST CS-IP CS-METHOD CS-STATUS
>CS-URI CS-URI-QUERY CS-URI-STEM DATE FROM HOSTNAME METHOD PATH_ARGS REFERER
>RESULT SC-STATUS SEARCH_ARGS TIME TIME_TAKEN TRANSFER_TIME URL USER
>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows 98)        5275    5275
>       nurn2.esoterica.pt.     -       2090    ""      "www.gocarthk.com"
>       "http://www.hotbot.com/"        "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
>4.01; Windows 98)"     nurn2.esoterica.pt.     -       GET     200
>       /gocart/index.html      -       /gocart/index.html      01/24/99
>               nurn2.esoterica.pt.     GET
>       http://www.hotbot.com/  OK      200             02:04:29        6
>       6       :gocart:index.html

If you look a little more closely at the error message Analog prints you
should see something about duplicate fields in the log file. Duplicate
fields are your problem. Analog is not happy about all the redundant
information in the log file. BYTES & BYTES_SENT, C-DNS & C-IP & CS-HOST &
CS-IP & HOSTNAME, CS-URI & CS-URI-STEM & URL, CS-STATUS & RESULT,
CS(REFERER) & REFERER, and possibly others.

This is also making your log files almost three times as big as they
should be.

Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]