Stephen,

    My mistake.  Things were not as I remembered.  Here is the setup.

    The analog.cfg resides in the same directory as the analog executable.
It specifies settings that apply to all analog reports on the site.  Individual
cfg files reside in a subdirectory.  Each of them specifies four settings as
in the example below.

    HOSTNAME "USL Enrollment Management"
    HOSTURL http://www.usl.edu/Admissions/
    OUTFILE /web/docs/Webmaster/Statistics/admissions.html
    FILEINCLUDE /Admissions/*

    Once a week, cron calls a file which contains the following information.

        #!/bin/sh

        PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/ucb
        export PATH

        umask 022

        for cfg in /web/utils/analog/config/*; do
          analog +g$cfg
        done

        exit 0

    I hope that this information is helpful to somebody on the list.

-- Duke Hillard, USL Webmaster

Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Duke Hillard wrote:
>
> > Another solution exists for UNIX when there are many cfg files.
> > Put all cfg files in one directory/subdirectory, then use a wildcard.
> >
> > 0,30 * * * * /usr/local/bin/analog +g/web/utils/analog/config/*.cfg
> >

> That will not have the desired effect. It will produce a single report using
> all four configuration files, not four different reports.
>
> --
> Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
>   Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England
>   "Due to the conflict in Kosovo, we will not be showing the movie Wag the
>    Dog. Instead, we will show Mortal Kombat: Annihilation." Cable & Wireless

begin:vcard
n:Hillard;Duke
tel;work:318-482-5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.usl.edu/
org:The University of Southwestern Louisiana;Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70502770;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computing Resources Coordinator
fn:Duke Hillard