Malcolm,
Considering you generate your logfile from a cgi script, would it not be
more sensible to amend your cgi script to include the year, and then use
standard logformat commands to handle it with analog?

Colin Melville
Development Officer, EHA(UK)
please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Emmanuel Hospital Association