I think I must have used one of my other email addresses by mistake. Sorry
about that. I've copied this to the group in hope.

> Richard,
>
> Your message to analog-help didn't reach the mailing list, because you
> hadn't subscribed to the list. (Or maybe you subscribed from a different
> address to the one you tried to send the message from).
>
> > My logs are showing
> >
> > Average successful requests per day: 24,325 (13,179)
> > Successful requests: 487,686 (92,260)
> >
> > but my total main pages shows
> > 20319:  1.55%: Oct/ 8/99 00:10: /frmain.htm
> >
> > One thing I noticed that this line looks strange
> > Logfile lines without status code: 254,691 (0)
> >

> Anyway, I'm not quite sure what you're saying is wrong with the above.

Maybe it's just me but if the total number of main page requests over the
logfile period is 20319 then this is less than the daily average, so either
I have loads of graphics (some but not that many) on the front page or
people are dipping into the site at different bits.

This only comes about because I am trying to audit site accesses, you know
getting away from 'we've had a trillion hits today' thing to more realistic
methods of quoting accesses.

> I agree that the bottom line looks strange, but I conclude that
> some of your
> older logfiles didn't include a status code, but the newer ones do.

There are no old logfile as I clear them out regularly.

Regards

Richard