I've been asked to report page-view statistics for our web site
which eliminate page views from search-engine spiders and other robots.

I've tried to do some of this by coming up with a list of User-Agent
strings that look like spiders, but it seems like a hit-or-miss sort
of approach.

Does anyone know if there are standard lists of spider vs. interactive
User-Agents, or is there a better method of filtering out spider page
views?  Any config-file snippets people would be willing to share?

Bng
--
Boris Goldowsky            Engineering & Development Manager
Information Please, LLC    [EMAIL PROTECTED]