All,

I've installed analog 4.01 on a system running Linux 2.0.36 / i586

Analog runs from the command line and testing the settings gives an
expected response.

I'm attempting to use the form and anlgform.pl. When I use the form, I get
the following error:

Program Failure
Analog failed to run or returned an error code.
Maybe your server's error log will give a clue why.

This appears to be a section of anlgform.pl beginning at line 106.

There are no entries in my error log.

I can run anlgform.pl from the command line. When I run it with the  -T
switch, I get this error message:
Insecure $ENV{ENV} while running with -T switch at ./anlgform.pl line 83.

This appears to be the line:
    open (ANALOG, "|$analog +g-");  # errors here will get caught on close

When I remove the -T switch it outputs as expected. However it won't
output via the form (see error above) with (or without) the -T switch.

I get the expected output when I submit:
http://riccardos.com/cgi-
riccardosmarket/anl/anlgform.pl?qv=1&LOGFILE=/***/***/***-access-
log&REQINCLUDE=pages

ie:
CGI ON
DNS NONE
WARNINGS FL
LOGFILE /***/l***/***-access-log
(this is correct, I've hidden the path/name for security reasons)
REQINCLUDE pages
OUTFILE stdout

But I get the above error message when I submit:
http://riccardos.com/cgi-
riccardosmarket/anl/anlgform.pl?LOGFILE=/www/logs/***-access-
log&REQINCLUDE=pages

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dan enright
webguy for Riccardo's Italian Market