Hi,

I am having a problem with our server. Our daily logfiles are approximately 9.5 Meg
(compressed).
I am trying to get some sort of logfile that will just keep a 24 month 'Monthly Report'
and a 30 day 'Daily Report'.

It seems the cachefile causes analog to run out of memory after about 2 months.
http://www.uq.edu.au/stats/analog/dingo/index.html?&year=1999
You can see where it dies by the missing links on relavent dates.
The cachefile is 68 Mb (uncompressed) when analog starts to die.

If I can't fix it soon they are probably going to make me use a microsoft product or
some other proprietary piece of software.
I'd prefer not to go down that path.

Is there anything wrong with my cachefile and logfile statement?
The OUTFILE is passed as a parameter to the analog call.
  +O/usr/local/httpd/enhance/stats/analog/dingo/dingo_%timestamp%.html

LOGFILE /usr/local/httpd/logs/access_log.0.gz

CACHEOUTFILE /usr/local/uqwww/analog/dingo/cachefile
CACHEFILE  /usr/local/uqwww/analog/dingo/cachefile

I'd prefer to keep the cachefile name as the same each time so I don't end up with a
directory full of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron Just ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Web Development Unit