On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Hubert Seiwert wrote:

> I've got 50+ domains pointing to a certain IP, on which Apache is configured to
> serve the webpage that's supposed to be on those domains by default (not using
> virtual servers). How could I log & analyse under which domain names the page
> is called up most often? I use the $SERVER_NAME variable in a bit of embedded
> SSI to include the name of the domain in the served HTML, maybe this could also
> be used for logging purposes?

It can do it as long as the information is in the logfile, or if all the
domains are logged to separate logfiles. You'll need to consult your Apache
documentation for how to do the logging, but I think include one of %v or %V
in the Apache LogFormat might do what you want -- see mod/mod_log_config.html
in the Apache docs.

--
Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England