In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Benjamin
Gandon writes:

>Well, I'm trying to compile analog 4.03 under SunOS 5.7 (gcc 2.8.1)
>I changed the LIBS= line, adding -DNEED_STRCMP
>but the following line of the Makefile corresponding to the finial stage
>of the compliation produces two errors :

        You shoudn't need -DNEED_STRCMP, but you do need:

LIBS = -lnsl

To link the name service lookups library, this will fix this error:

>gcc -O2 alias.o analog.o cache.o dates.o globals.o hash.o init.o init2.o
>input.
>o macinput.o macstuff.o output.o output2.o process.o settings.o  sort.o
>tree.o u
>tils.o win32.o -o analog
>alias.o: In function `dnsresolve':
>alias.o(.text+0xf54): undefined reference to `inet_addr'
>alias.o(.text+0xf70): undefined reference to `gethostbyaddr'
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `analog'

inet_addr and gethostbyaddr are functions from libnsl.

In fact the onlt change you need to Makefile for Solaris 7 is the LIBS one.
I use:

CC = cc
CEXTRAFLAGS = -xO2 -xarch=v9

... as well as I have the Sun 64bit C-compiler, and this gives me a 64bit
binary.

Barry Dean
Senior Computing Officer
http://www.ukc.ac.uk/php/bvd/