Hi,
Perhaps someone can help me with this. I have used analog
before, but only on Unix machines. Well where I work now we have
a private intranet that uses IIS. I wanted to use analog to parse our
webserver files. For some reason I keep getting a 500 error every
time. Here is what Igotas far as setup, permissions, files, etc.

Perl- 5.6 Activestate
NT Server service pack 6a
IIS 4

I installed analog in a directory called logreports which is under the
wwwroot. To simply test it I made wwwroot wide open permission
wise and to where it could execute. All the files from the original
zip are in the directory. I installed the latest version. Perl is in
C:\perl. Permissions are wide open on it too. Here is the
configurable parts per the instructions:

-anglform.pl-

#!C:\Perl\bin\perl
$analog = 'C:\InetPub\wwwroot\logreports\analog';

-analog.cfg-

LOGFILE C:\InetPub\wwwroot\logreports\analog\logfile.log

-anglform.html-

<form action="anlgform.pl" method="POST">
<input type=hidden name="cg"
value="C:\InetPub\wwwroot\logreports\analog\analog.cfg">

As you can see I am using the sample logfile so I know its not a
logformat problem. When I do the test at the command prompt I
get the following:

CGI ON
DNS NONE
WARNINGS FL
LOGFILE logfile.log
OUTFILE stdout

I am at a loss. I am to the point that I may give upon the perl
aspect and see if I can write a ASP page that can achieve the
samething. However I do not want to reinvent the wheel here.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Daresta
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]