On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Jeremy Wadsack wrote:

> This isn't Perl, just Perl-like RegExps. :)

You're not implying that regexps in Perl could do it, are you?

> Certainly there's a way to do that,
> you just have to use multiple lines (you might be able to use grouping and the
> | operator in one line, but even Perls vary on support of that):

PCRE (the library I use) is Perl 5.005 compatible as far as any user is
likely to notice. I'm not sure of its 5.6 compliance, but it contains at
least some 5.6 features e.g. POSIX [:alpha:] .

> HOSTALIAS REGEXP:^151\.1[2-9].* libero.it
> HOSTALIAS REGEXP:^151\.2.* libero.it

You certainly can use | -- for example, if you wanted 151.128 to 151.255 you
could do something like

REGEXP:^151\.(1(28|29|[3-9].)|2\d.)\.

The .* on the end of your regexp doesn't do anything, by the way.

--
Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England