Hi Ed,
thank you for the help, the HOSTALIAS pretty much did the job.  However, I
have one more problem:
                I have a line
                                        HOSTALIAS 90.63.6.* .bpa-muenchen

                all others would go to .pp-mue, like

                                        HOSTALIAS 90.63.(all but 6).* .pp-mue.

Is there a command to accomplish 'all but 6' with? Do lazy to type 99 more
HOSTALIASES.

BTW, nice to hear that you`ve been to this area.  I am from Bamberg, but
spent the last 12 years in El Paso, TX (Fort Bliss).  Therefore I somewhat
have to adjust to the local environment myself.  Believe me, lots of things
have changed here.

Thanks again

Dieter Fleischmann
Webmaster Bavarian Police