On 4/24/00 6:42 PM Mitchell Swen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>is there a specific LIBS= setting for Apache unix servers?

There is no such thing as Apache unix. Apache is the name of a web
server, not the name of a Unix/Linux distribution. Since Apache runs
under almost every possible version of Unix/Linux/Windows it is
impossible to guess what machine you have without more information.

>I looked at the Makefile and they do not say what LIBS= should be equal to
>for a Apache Unix machine... the closest was SCO UNIX which requires a
>LIBS=-lsocket.. but that didn't work either..
>
>-lsocket is (dash "letter L" socket) right?

Yes, it is a lowercase L between the dash and the 'socket'.

What error message did you get after making this change?

Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]