[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to create a jsp page as the front end of the analog. This page will
> use java bean class  to execute the analog command. At first I use a main
> function called my code which will exec analog to do a test. It worked fine. But
> when I used jsp page to call this bean class, it seems that the process created
> by runtime.exec(cmd) has been blocked somehow. I don't know why. The code is
> exactly the same, but why it was blocked when I called it in a jsp page while it
> is ok if called by my dummy main function.

My guess is this is probably a securty feature in JSP to keep you from blithley
running local executable content from a web interface where you may be producing
security holes.

You should look at the form interface to Analog (which works on any platform the JSP
page would) and consider incorporating the JSP into anlgform.html, rather than
replacing the anlgform.pl with a JSP page.

If this doesn't meet your needs there are probably some JSP support forums out there
with people highly knowledgable in JSP and bean integration.

HTH,

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group