Could you post the first several lines from your log file to the list?

When LOGFORMAT is set to AUTO, Analog looks at the first line of the log
file to try and guess what format the file is in. If the first line
starts with:

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Server

Analog treats the file as being in Microsoft's variation of W3C log
format. All IIS log file normaly start with a line of this form.

You can manualy force the format determination by changing your LOGFORMAT
to MS-EXTENDED. If Analog fails to read your IIS logs (in W3C format)
even when the LOGFORMAT is set to MS-EXTENDED then something unusual is
going on.

While it is possible to write a custom log format line for these logs, it
can get very tricky and there isn't much feedback when you make a
mistake. Analog really ought to autodetect the format and it would be
interesting to find out why it doesnt.

Jason

On 5/22/00 11:56 AM Karel Kerezman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>>Paul Dalton wrote:
>>
>>>     Are you using %A for the browser data field? This is used when '+'
>>> characters are used instead of spaces in the user agent field.
>>>     I've spent most of the afternoon stuggling to get analog working on nt4
>>> iis4 w3c extended, so I'm fairly familiar with it now. In the end my
problem
>>> was down to a misplaced colon character. Laugh, I nearly cried.
>>
>>Analog 4.x will autodetext the logformat for Microsoft's W3C files from IIS4.
>>You shouldn't need any LOGFORMAT string in your configuration.
>>
>>Jeremy Wadsack
>>Wadsack-Allen Digital Group
>
>*nodding vigorously in agreement*
>
>In my desperate stumbling around for a working LOGFORMAT, yes I did use %A
>as the IIS logs did use + symbols in the Browser section. Still no love.
>
>It is probably worth noting that the errors I was getting from Analog
>indicated either totally corrupt lines or that there was no "file name"
>data, which would seem to indicate that the corruption takes place
>"before" the Browser data. I don't know how Analog parses lines, though,
>so I could be barking up the wrong tree. And why removing Browser/Referer
>fixes the problem automagically is beyond me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]