Ian Stong wrote:

>Hmmm,
>
>I see quotes and stats published for different sites that relate to time
>spend on a site, stickiness, paths taken, unique visitors, etc.  Much of
>that info the docs say you can't accurately obtain.   Perhaps there are
>ways to obtain it - you just have to use the $200K packages such as
>netgenesis, webtends, etc??????

webworks.html not only says that you can't accurately obtain that
information, it explains why. Of course, if you want to pay me $200K,
I'll be happy to tell you whatever you want to hear, and somewhat
disinclined to tell you what you don't want to hear.

The information you will get from such packages isn't worth what you
will pay to get it, because it's not possible for them to give you
anything other than an approximation, and, if an approximation is good
enough, you can probably do it yourself simply by picking a number of
hosts at random, and studying the log entries for each of them one by
one. (This will probably tell you more about your users, and about the
limitations of log analysis, than anything else you can do).

>Probably won't get the answer here as this list is for analog and not to
>discuss what other packages can do.

The other packages can't do the impossible either. They will give you
numbers that Analog won't give you, but they won't give you what you
thought you had paid for.

Aengus