Jaume Teixi wrote:

> I just wanted to know if was any plans to implement any virtual host map file
> or as apache thath using pointers can build each virtual host directly from
> directories http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

This is best handled with a script around Analog, since there are so many
possible things that could be done for each virtual host (do they all use the
same settings? Does each get a %0.conf config file? etc.)

> As I've told ond a previous email, I've scripted that each month analog runs
> on each virtual host from previous cache and new logs, then generates output
> and new cache, log rotates and then rmagic reports each virtual host and then
> generates email to each customer indicating new stats as generated.
> I'll report a url soon when have some time to document all this....
> ...but allways is better to have a single file for vhost than multiples....

If you have this working, why not generalize the script and submit it for
inclusion on the Helper Applications page?

> just from a previous email, this is correct ? anybody use a method like this
> to build global stats, running analog over all caches from vhosts:
>
> d. I've cached reports for all my customer's virtual hosts under
> /var/cache/  and for my own virtual hosts under /var/cache/myown/
>     I run analog_global with CACHEFILE /var/cache/*  in order to process
> global stats from all customer's virtual hosts
>     It seems that works and I've stats for each virtual host and then global
> stats !

This should work fine except for your problem ->

>     Then I run analog_total with:
>     CACHEFILE /var/cache/*
>     CACHEFILE /var/cache/myown/*
>     In order to have stats from all customers and my own virtual hosts, it
> seems to work except for:

>     Number of machines (cannot disctint between machines that have browse
> myown doms and customer doms and thinks that are different machines)
>     and Transmited Data and Succesfull Requests are OK ;-)

The best solution would be to keep a separate cache file that totals everything
(i.e one for each vhost and one for a cumulative) and report the server wide
stats off the cumulative total cahce files.

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group