I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 01:09 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:59 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:51 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:44 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:34 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:27 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:19 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:10 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/23/00 00:02 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:53 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:46 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:38 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:31 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:24 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:16 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:09 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 23:02 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:55 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:47 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:40 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:32 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:23 >>>

I am currently out of the office on business returning on Monday, October 2, 2000.  I
will be checking emails at the end of each day.

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 09/22/00 22:16 >>>

Hello,

I have read the docs/cache.html, but remain confused.

I am moving a web site which uses an older (don't know which) version
of analog to a new server, which has the latest analog. I would like to
replicate the archiving of web statistics files, as they have
traditionally been accomplished with the nightly cron shell script. But
I suspect that the original shell script is doing some steps which are
no longer necessary (IOW, that the newest version of analog has short
cuts for some of this).

I've copied the current script below. I'm wondering if it isn't
possible to replace the whole business of copying cache files with a
simple command for CACHEFILE and CACHEOUTFILE in analog.cfg?

Thanks for any clarity!

#!/bin/sh
#
# this script generates the overnight and cumulative web access
# statistic reports using /httpd/tools/analog/analog.
#
# this script is run from the cron, as root because it has to
# stop and restart the httpd process.

sets="/httpd/logs /kxxx/admin /kyyy/admin"

# the sets variable defines where the various input and output
# files for analog can be found.  every set element should point
# to a directory with these input files:
#
#        access_log      (must be the real thing, not a symlink)
#        error_log       (must be the real thing, not a symlink)
#        analog.cache    (used for cumulative reports, created if not present)
#        analog.conf     (used to override analog defaults)
#
# for archiving purposes, two subdirectories are also required.
# they are automatically created if not present.
#
#        logs/           (subdirectory for archived logs)
#        stats/          (subdirectory for archived stats)
#
# given the above, analog will produce these output files.
# you are responsible to link to the HTML output or otherwise
# export them to the httpd document tree.
#
#        access_log.gz   (archived and dated under logs/)
#        error_log.gz    (archived and dated under logs/)
#        analog.cache    (new cumulative cache)
#        stats.html      (overnight stats)
#        stats-$date$    (archived under stats/)
#        stats-all.html  (cumlulative stats)

cache=analog.cache
config=analog.conf
analog="/httpd/tools/analog/analog +g$config"

gzip=/usr/bin/gzip
today=`date +%b%d`       # rolls over yearly
umask 022

/httpd/bin/apachectl stop       # stop the current httpd so we can
                         # move and rename the logs cleanly.

for set in $sets
do
cd $set
mv access_log access_log-$today
mv error_log  error_log-$today

if [ ! -d logs  ]; then mkdir logs;  fi
if [ ! -d stats ]; then mkdir stats; fi
done

/httpd/bin/apachectl start      # restart httpd before we start the
                         # lengthy report process.

for set in $sets
do
cd $set

                 # generate and archive overnight report
$analog access_log-$today > stats.html
cp stats.html stats/stats-${today}.html

                 # generate cumulative cache and report
$analog +U$cache +C"OUTPUT CACHE" access_log-$today > new.cache
mv analog.cache analog.cache.bak
mv new.cache analog.cache
$analog +U$cache +m +D -h /dev/null > stats-all.html

                 # compress and archive logs
$gzip access_log-$today
$gzip error_log-$today
mv access_log-${today}.gz error_log-${today}.gz logs/
done