There are several helper applications that assist with DNS lookups
(http://www.analog.cx/helpers/index.html#dns).  Among those listed
is "jdresolve" which has an optional recursive mode.  Using recursion,
I have 99.7% resolution on a typical run (was previously below 50%).
Installation was worth the effort.  And, it's free.

-- Duke Hillard, Webmaster, UL Lafayette

Ben wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a dns file with quite a few resolved hosts in it, however, this
> still only resolves about 1/2 the hosts servered on my site! Is there
> another way to resolve hostnames? Also on sections such as referrer and
> referring, at the bottom, I get [not listed: 66 URLs] (number varies)
> why are they not listed? and is there a way to list them?
> Regards
> Ben
> Hot-Key International
> Hotel Booking Systems Over the Web
> www.hot-key.com
begin:vcard
n:Hillard;Duke
tel;work:337-482-5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.louisiana.edu/
org:University of Louisiana at Lafayette;University Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70504-2770;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computing Resources Coordinator
fn:Duke Hillard