Of the five suggestions below, the first two are preferred (IMHO).
Of the first two suggestions, the first is a little easier to implement.

  1. (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days through [date])
  2. (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7-day period ending [date])
  3. (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days ending [date])
  4. (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days ending on [date])
  5. (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days that end on [date])

-- Duke Hillard, University Webmaster, UL Lafayette

P.S.  See the ground hog at "http://www.louisiana.edu/".

Stephen Turner wrote:

> Hello American helpers! If we had Groundhog Day, or even groundhogs, here,
> they certainly wouldn't be able to see their shadows today. It's grey and
> drizzling. Apparently this is a good omen if you're American, but I'd rather
> have it sunny.
>
> That wasn't the US English question. :) Someone just suggested to me that
> one of the phrases sounded unnatural:
>
> >     There is a string (lines 243 and 354) that is used for the top of the
> > output that says:
> >
> >         (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days to [date])
> >
> >    I believe the word "prior" should be added:
> >
> >      (Figures in parentheses refer to the 7 days prior to [date])
>                                                    ^^^^^
>
> To me, "prior to" has too much of the sense of "strictly before" rather than
> the intended "up to and including". But would any native speakers care to
> comment?
>
> --
> Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
>   Statistical Laboratory, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, CB3 0WB, England
>   "Your account can only be used for a single internet session at any one
>    time and for no more than 24 hours in any one day." (NTL terms of use)
begin:vcard
n:Hillard;Duke
tel;work:337-482-5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.louisiana.edu/
org:University of Louisiana at Lafayette;University Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70504-2770;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computing Resources Coordinator
fn:Duke Hillard