Problem I have with Analog 4.16 on NT using Apache

Can run Analog.exe from the command line from any directory....
Can run anlgform.pl from any directory.......
(had to add the LANGFILE and DOMAINSFILE locations to analog.cfg)

I can use anlgform.html to call anlgform.pl ONLY IFanalog.exe and
analog.cfg are in the cgi-bin directory, if I have either of those files
elsewhere e.g. in the analog install directory then the operation fails. I
have edited anlgform.html to indicate the location of the configuration
file and anlgform.pl to indicate the location of analog.exe.

The operation fails as follows:
The script is called and it gets as far as the line
        open (ANALOG, "|$analog +g-");  # errors here will get caught on close
which doesn't return. Taskmanager registers the fact that a new process for
analog.exe has been started. Apache now becomes difficult to restart. I try
to stop the Apache service with
        apache -n Apache -k stop
which hangs, i CTRL-C this and have to wait a minute or so before Task
Manager indicates that apache (and its child processes analog) have
terminated. The Apache error log reports the following
        [error] forcing termination of child #0 (handle 196)

Put analog.exe and anal.cfg back in \cgi-bin\ and refer to their locations
in anlgform.pl and anlgform.html and  everything works fine. (In fact if
the .exe and the .cfg are in the cgi-bin directory you do not have to set
the location of the .cfg in the anlgform.html file).

Thanks for reading this and if you have any suggestions they would be most
welcome.

Eamonn

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com