anyone know why this is, and/or a workaround for the problem?

I create two reports <simple and detailed> from cache files that are
created every time I rotate my logs.  The detailed report looks fine,
but when I run the simple report I have several FILEALIAS's that I try
to run on the cache files and they don't appear in the report properly.
Why is this?  Do I need to have two cache files <simple/detailed>?  Is
there something else that I can use to accomplish:

FILEALIAS REGEXPI:(.*)/.*\.gif$ $1/IMAGES
FILEALIAS REGEXPI:(.*)/.*\.jpg$ $1/IMAGES
FILEALIAS REGEXPI:(.*)/.*\.jpeg$ $1/IMAGES
FILEALIAS REGEXPI:(.*)/.*\.png$ $1/IMAGES

thanks - Chuck