The CX extension on the domain name would seem
to indicate Christmas Island.  Isn't that quite a swim
from the UK?  <grin>

-- Duke Hillard

Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Stephen Turner wrote:
> >
> > Yes, analog.cx appears to have been down since Saturday morning. In fact the
> > whole of planet-three.co.uk, including niccx.com, appears to have been
> > swallowed up in a black hole. Obviously I can't email them, but I have just
> > phoned them, and they have promised to phone me back. More news as
> > available.
> >

> Update. Planet Three failed to return two calls, so no news there. But
> www.niccx.com is now up at another location and says:
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE
>
> Planet Three is currently restructuring its operations and particularly it's
> CX domain name registrations services. Unfortunately t his has
> caused an outage and we are endeavouring to remedy this as soon as possible.
>
> The situation is due to be remedied shortly and we will be contacting all of
> the CX registrants soon to explain the situation.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
> >>>>>>>>>

> Sounds ominous.
>
> --
> Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
>   Statistical Laboratory, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, CB3 0WB, England
>   "Your account can only be used for a single internet session at any one
>    time and for no more than 24 hours in any one day." (NTL terms of use)
begin:vcard
n:Hillard;Duke
tel;work:337-482-5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.louisiana.edu/
org:University of Louisiana at Lafayette;University Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70504-2770;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:University Webmaster & Computing Resources Coordinator
fn:Duke Hillard
end:vcard