I am new on this list due the the problem in the subject. I am using
Analog 4.16 on the Mac and analyzing logs from IIS.

In the list archives, I found (see below) that I am not the only one
experiencing such a problem. However, in my case, I have no
FILEINCLUDE. I tested that SUBORGFLOOR setting makes no difference.

I have analog.cfg files that differ essentially only in the FROM/TO
parameters! The floor values vary depending on the number of months
reported but they are identical for a given month count. One-month
reports also include a few more reports (like fulldaily and full
browser). DNS is set to read from cache.

FROM 010301
TO 010831 -- works (6 months, March thru August)

FROM 010401
TO 010831 -- no (5 months, April thru August)

FROM 010501
TO 010831 -- no (4 months, May thru August)

FROM 010601
TO 010831 -- no (3 months, June thru August)

FROM 010501
TO 010731 -- no (3 months, May thru July)

FROM 010401
TO 010631 -- no (3 months, April thru June)

FROM 010301
TO 010531 -- works (3 months, March thru May)

FROM 010801
TO 010831 -- no (1 month, August)

FROM 010701
TO 010731 -- no (1 month, July)

FROM 010601
TO 010631 -- works (1 month, June)

FROM 010501
TO 010531 -- works (1 month, May)

FROM 010401
TO 010431 -- works (1 month, April)

FROM 010301
TO 010331 -- works (1 month, March)

Is it possible that there is something in the logs that toggles the
suborg reporting? Any time July or August are processed, the suborgs
vanish (but then why April-June report failed as well?).

Some logs are reported to have a few corrupted lines (1 to 3), but
these seem to have no relation to the outcome. The logs vary in size
(uncompressed) from 30 to 60 mb (they increase from month to month),
and the problem tends to show up when larger log files are involved.
Increasing Analog's memory partition makes no difference, though.

This is quite annoying because suborg listing is very important to us.

I would venture to guess that Chris got just lucky that it works for him now.

Robert Brenstein

        --- Chris Trucksess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        > --- Stephen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        > > Chris Trucksess wrote:
        > >
        > > > I am trying to get suborganizations to show up
        > in
        > > my
        > > > organization report. I am using the command
        > > "SUBORG
        > > > *.swarthmore.edu". While this works for one
        > report
        > > > am generating, it does not work in the second.
        > > >
        > > > I am using Analog 4.11 on the Mac OS.
        > > >
        > > > I have essentially isolated the problem to the
        > > > FILEINCLUDE command. When I set it to
        > "FILEINCLUDE
        > > > /u*", which will allow the directories that
        > begin
        > > w/
        > > > "/users/", the suborganizations do not show in
        > the
        > > > organization report. I have tried other domains
        > > > besides my intended swarthmore.edu command and
        > > they do
        > > > not show either. However, subdomains do show
        > > properly.
        > > >
        > > > I swapped the FILEINCLUDE commands between my
        > two
        > > > config files and I can get the problem to occur
        > in
        > > the
        > > > other report, that when configured normally,
        > does
        > > show
        > > > the suborg part properly.
        > > >

        > > Possibly you need to set the SUBORGFLOOR lower.
        > >

        > The SUBORGFLOOR               is set to one request (SUBORGFLOOR
        > 1r).
        >
        > -Chris

        My problem fixed itself. As more requests came in, now
        the suborg data is being reported, even though my
        floor apparently had no bearing on that factor. Thanks
        for your help.

        -Chris