Anders Aldengard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I've got a quite big Apache logfile that I each night split up into
> it's different virtual hosts (different smaller logfiles). I then
> create cache files from the smaller logfiles and finally I create
> the statistics from the cache files.

> This has worked perfectly but the site has become too big, so the cache
> files takes up too much place now.

> I'd like to agrigate the information so that cachefiles older than 2
> months only contain the monthly information. So I want to drop all
> referrer, browser, user etc. information - that can be done by setting
> the ***LOWMEM = 3 flags, but I would also like to drop the 5 minute
> information and only save as mentioned, the monthly statistic.

> I can't find out a way of doing this, I've searched the web, read the
> documentation etc. I'm starting to wonder if it actually can be done.
> And if it works to drop some time information from the cache files.

The point of a cache file is to keep all the information that may be
needed later to create a report. AFAIK you can't drop the 5-minute
information. If you do aggregate your daily cahce files into one
monthly cache file, then all the other report data (counts of
requests, hosts, users, browsers, referrers, etc.) will be aggregated,
making the new cache file much smaller than the originals.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group