On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Kally M wrote:

> MY PROBLEM:
> The total of the requests in the Request Report is substantially
> higher than the  requests in the Summary report.
>
> EXAMPLE:
> Last month the Summary shows the following:
> Successful requests: 29,809
>
> But when I add the totals of the requests in the Request Report the
> total is 43,142
>
> I am not a highly experienced Analog user and not a novice either.
> But, I guess I haven't mastered the ins and outs of all the INCLUDES
> and EXCLUDES.

It's not to do with the INCLUDEs and EXCLUDEs. The total number in the
Request Report cannot be higher than the number in the General Summary. But
you can't add the filenames with arguments into the total. E.g. the count
for /file.html already includes the counts for all the /file.html?args .
Leave out the indented items when adding up the total in the Request Report!

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01