Stephen, I think I understand what you're saying but I'm having problems
fixing this. This is what I now have in my analog file:

#LOGFORMAT (%S %j %j [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%n %j %j] "%j%w%rHTTP%j" %c %b "%B"
"%f")
#Tried the line above without the apachelogformat line below, but results
where the same as the report without any of these two lines
APACHELOGFORMAT (%S %j %j [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%n %j %j] "%j%w%rHTTP%j" %c %b
"%B" "%f")
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan2.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan3.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan4.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan5.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan6.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan7.hst
LOGFILE RR_Jan2002/mysite.bc.caJan8.hst

This is a line from the raw log:
211.117.39.40 - - [01/Jan/2002:00:04:23 -0800] "GET /services/services.html
HTTP/1.1" 200 15172 "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98; Win 9x
4.90)" "http://www.altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=WOMEN+RAPE&pg=q&kl=XX";

The logs are created by a unix server. I've downloaded them to my windows
machine to interpret them. Before I didn't have the logformat line, but even
with the line above I'm getting the same results, meaning the report looks
fine except for the browser, and search word/phrase reports, I'm not sure if
the referrer report is correct.

Could it be that there are errors in my logformat as I've written it or do I
need additional LOGFORMAT  lines such as LOGFORMAT BROWSER  and LOGFORMAT
REFERRER. Would these go above or below LOGFORMAT / APACHELOGFORMAT

Thanks.

Laura