----- Original Message -----
From: "d.brodale"
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 7:35 AM

: So:
:
: "AWeb/Windows; (Spoofed by Amiga-AWeb/3.4)"
: BROWALIAS *(Spoofed by Amiga-AWeb/*) Amiga-AWeb/$2

Oops .. that should have been:

"AWeb/Windows; (Spoofed by Amiga-AWeb/3.4)"
BROWALIAS "*(Spoofed by Amiga-AWeb/*)" Amiga-AWeb/$2

------

But I guess it raises an issue for me w/r/t Operating
Systems -- I see there is an OSALIAS directive, but I
guess I don't understand its application. For example,
taking the above string:

"AWeb/Windows; (Spoofed by Amiga-AWeb/3.4)"

Is this reported as being both Windows and Amiga? I
guess I'm asking: How is the Operating System Report
generated? Does it just look for instances of certain
substrings within the original User Agent string?

Can anyone provide a useful (possibly real-world?)
example of OSALIAS usage? I can't seem to find much
explanation on the Analog site, other than:

"In the Operating System Report, which browsers count
as robots is controlled by the ROBOTINCLUDE and
ROBOTEXCLUDE commands."

- don