Michael D. Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way that I can track where visitors go on my site once
> they arrive at a particular page?

You can get a report on a single "visitor" by using the USERINCLUDE
directive if you uniquely identify your visitors (either by a logonID,
or by some sort of cookie). You may be able to identify some of your
visitors by their IP address, in which case you can get a report on a
single user by using the HOSTINCLUDE directive. This won't work for an
AOL user, or most "corporate" users, who are likely to be behind a
firewall or proxy server, and therefore a single IP address will be
shared by many users.

>  Or alternatively, can I backtrack
> from a particular page to see where they came from up to the point
> they arrived at my site?

If you are logging Referrers, then you can use the Regerrer report to
see how your vistors are getting to you - REFREPEXCLUDE
http://www.<yoursite>.com/* will exclude all "internal" referrers from
your report.

> A second question I have is whether I can get reports of search
> queries with multiple words.

The Search Query Report does exactly that.

>  I found a (very helpful) config file on
> the analog website that gives a list of the top search queries, but
> it breaks them down into individual words.

The Search Word Report reports on the individual words used in all
queries, whether single word queries, or multiple word queries.

> Also, in analog's report, the search terms at the top of the list are
> dominated by the job seeker's I've attracted, and the terms seem to
> have bumped the people looking for a consultant off the bottom of the
> report.  I think if I could track the phrases rather than the
> individual terms then I'd be able to get a much clearer idea of how
> people are finding my consulting pages.

You can control the number of entries in any report by using the FLOOR
commands.

Aengus