Title: Help Please
Hello,

I am a new user setting up 5.22 on a Mac G4 OS 9.22 and have some questions regarding LOGFORMAT.

My web host (XO) has a server side set up of Analog available for their customers to use on the log files which I have been using through a web based control panel for over a year with great results. The size of the log files prompted me to opt for downloading them and running Analog locally so I can delete the logs on my web space. I downloaded and installed Analog, downloaded my log files, and modified the LOGFILE name in the analog.cfg file to the name of my log. It wouldn’t run. I then modified the LOGFILE name to WebSTAR.log and changed the name of my log to WebSTAR.log and it ran! My problem is that the results show only a few hours of log even though the log file is for over four months of logging and the same file when run through my web hosts version of Analog reading the file still on the server show all the info for the four months.

I thought it might be a format problem so I asked my web host and they said the logs are in plain text format. Does that mean I need to change the LOGFORMAT from auto to one of the other options
DEFAULT, AUTO, COMMON, MS-COMMON, COMBINED, MICROSOFT-NA,
 MICROSOFT-INT, WEBSITE-NA, WEBSITE-INT, WEBSTAR, EXTENDED, MS-EXTENDED,
 WEBSTAR-EXTENDED, NETSCAPE, REFERRER, or BROWSER

If so which one and will I be able to keep my original log filename if I use a more appropriate format option?

Thanks in advance and I also want to say that I think this is an awesome program! It really allows me to see what’s going on with my site.

Cameron C. Smith

Inkmonster