Your message of Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:22:29 +0100 (BST):

> What Jason said earlier is right.

Thanks to Jason, that was a good hint. Unfortunately, our anti-spam filter
must have found something suspicious in his mail, so it was rejected. I read
it now in the archive. Yes, I looked up the dns file and it was 43 MB, which
explains now why analog was using those 50 MB shortly after starting up for
all jobs. I'm not sure from where I get those "extra" 7 MB even when
processing the smallest log files, though.

Thanks, again!

It doesn't, unless you are reading a cache
> file or DNS file as well.

So, from Jason's and your explanation, do I understand it right, that:
analog uses for memory "executable file size plus all read cache files plus
dns file" right away plus some memory space for actually
processing/calculating the log file and other stuff?

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany