On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, James Green wrote:

> Indeed, however I remember reading a HOWTO on the subject linked from
> analog.cx, and I believe it said to load the day's access.log, then the old
> cache files, then output both a new cache file and the html report. If that
> is the case then surely the cache files should be getting (sum of old cache
> files) plus new report size. I.e. cache 13 would be cache 7 + cache 8 +
> cache 9 ... + cache 12 + today's report size.

It definitely didn't say that, because that is exactly the wrong thing to
do. If you do that, each cache file will include multiple copies of all the
old ones. There are lots of old posts to this mailing list explaining this
in detail.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01