Hi,

This is not exactly a problem or bug. I've stumbled across what I'd describe as a
powerful undocumented feature in Analog, and wondered if others have used it; and
if the developer might consider refining it or making it an "intentional" feature
in a future release.

I use the "internal search report" all the time on our template/database-driven
site to see what people are searching for on our site. It occurred to me that all
this report is doing is delivering the attribute of a given parameter. So, why
wouldn't it work to analyze any parameter I wanted, rather than just internal
searches?

As it turns out, it can, very easily. For example, I've been using a "false"
attribute to track click-throughs from specific banner ads to specific pages. E.g.
when I place a banner ad on widgets.com I append "&src=widget1" to the target URL,
and any click-throughs to the page get logged with that parameter.

Then, in analog's configuration I included the line:

INTSEARCHENGINE /index.asp src

and my internal search report is a breakdown of the number of clickthroughs from
all specific banner ads on specific sites. This is extremely valuable for me, and
this capability of the internal search report can be used for absolutely any
attribute, as far as I know.

Have others done anything of this sort? If Analog already has this capability,
would it be difficult to use the same capability in a different report, say
"Parameter Analysis Report", so this and the internal search report can be used at
the same time? Or even a "recursive" capability, so multiple parameters can be
analyzed, a report/section being generated for each one?

thanks,

james

James Riemermann
MN Office of Tourism