I also think it's a good name for the report as most people presumably use it. And
of all the parameters I can analyze, internal searches are probably the most
valuable--an excellent report. Since I've discovered the flexible nature of this
report I've been running two or three passes with Analog every month to extract
info on the couple other parameters I currently care about. This is just a little
extra effort, but worth it in my case. If at some point an expanded "parameter
report" were added, better yet. Thanks for your fine work, Stephen.

james
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/20/02 02:28PM >>>

Stephen Turner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Friday, September 20, 2002 12:16
PM):

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, James Riemermann wrote:
>>
>> I use the "internal search report" all the time on our
>> template/database-driven site to see what people are searching for on our
>> site. It occurred to me that all this report is doing is delivering the
>> attribute of a given parameter. So, why wouldn't it work to analyze any
>> parameter I wanted, rather than just internal searches?
>>

> Sure. It's deliberate. But maybe the report isn't very well named. I've
> never quite known what to call it.

Well, I think Internal Search Report is a really good name,
considering it works very well for that purpose. It could also be
called a CGI Parameter Report or something like that, too. But, as is,
only monitoring aggregate parameter counts, it's most useful in a
situation like Internal Search.

I like James's suggestion of creating a very similar report that
breaks down the results in a hierarchy for each parameter given in the
config file. That could make a very useful CGI Parameter tracking
report.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group