I've had great success with Analog over the past year. Many thanks to all
contributors. I am needing (and haven't found reference to it in the docs)
to output complete lines from the LOGFILE that meet various conditions in my
INCLUDE list. I'm use Analog extensively to inspect the log file for request
errors or hack attempts and stealth bots. Unfortunately, I'm not able from
within Analog to view all fields when a line meets a certain condition. For
example, I would like to see the
date/time,host,stem,query,browser,port,status if the request was a 405 or
403 or if the stem was /passwd.cgi or xxx or xxx. This would allow me to
identify host ips that have recurring errors or +100 hits per session. I am
currently using Analog to identify suspicious requests and manually building
a RE script to grep those lines. It would be great if this parsed logfile
was OUTPUT something like CACHEOUTFILE. Thanks for any suggestions including
preprocessor helper apps that integrate with Analog. Cheers.